Although each water emergency is unique, the first actions a homeowner should take are:
- Immediately contact Best Coast Carpet Solutions emergency flood and water removal experts. The longer you wait to call in a professional, the harder and more expensive it will be to mediate the problem and the more susceptible your home will be to mold and other secondary damages to take hold.
- Eliminate the source of the water!
- If safe to do so, carefully turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas.
- Move breakables and small furniture items to areas of the home unaffected by the water.
- To avoid the chance of electrical shock, avoid using a home vacuum, shop-vac, or wet-vac on the area.